What is a Virtual Assistant Unicorn?
A virtual assistant unicorn is someone who has all the skills and experience they need to help you get tasks done. They are among the top virtual assistants in the world and are invaluable. They can handle anything from customer service, marketing, digital content creation – whatever it might be that will help make your life easier. It's important as a business executive or owner to find a VA with unicorn qualities. If you don’t, you will find that they aren’t as effective as you had hoped.
Traits of a Virtual Assistant Unicorn
A virtual assistant unicorn is someone that is a team player. They should be happy to work alongside you and any other employees you already have. Additionally, they should be creative and entrepreneurial in order to effectively help you. Here are some other traits of a virtual assistant unicorn that we use when hiring virtual assistants for our firm.
- They see the big picture
- They think and plan big and small; shattering expectations
- They don’t live inside the box created by their job description or title
- They are respectful, responsible and curious by nature
- They have true grit and determination
- “I can’t” is likely not in their vocabulary
- They get shit done
Tasks Virtual Assistants Can Help Business Executives With
The number of tasks a virtual assistant can help with are unlimited. In fact, we have a blog post of the top 100 things a virtual assistant can do. But, here are some of the tasks that business executives and business owners find the most useful:
- Scheduling meetings, interviews, events or calls for clients
- Transcribing audio files where needed (this could be in English or another language)
- Setting up social media profiles or pages on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Creating newsletters using MailChimp or Constant Contact as your email marketing provider
- Creating content for blogs from scratch by researching topics related to your business industry then writing an article based off that research
- Scheduling posts on your blog or website
- Creating graphics for social media posts, advertisements, articles and more
Should Business Executives Hire a Virtual Assistant?
Business executives and business owners don't have much time on their hands. With all of your work and appointments on a daily basis, you might be thinking that it's time to invest in a virtual assistant. A VA can help manage business tasks, schedule meetings and make phone calls for the busy executive, and anything else that will free up more time in their day.
Many business executives choose to hire assistants that help them with administrative work and smaller tasks. This could be anything from scheduling meetings and booking flights to maintaining your social media accounts or responding to customer emails. If it’s taking away too much time from the things you need to focus on, a virtual assistant would be helpful.
Ready to Hire a Virtual Assistant?
If you're looking to be more productive and have less stress on your plate then you should definitely hire a VA. They can help take some of the weight off of your shoulders by handling tedious tasks that would otherwise distract you from what's important: running your business. And if it feels like there never seems to be enough hours in the day as a result, they'll make sure that all those pesky little things are taken care of so you don't have to worry about them any longer. If you’re ready to hire a virtual assistant, contact us today to get in touch with our unicorns!